CORRECTION TO THE AUGUST 26 BARK: For those of you interested in volunteering for the Scholastic Book Fair, please sign up at this link! Thanks!
Hi, Brentwood families! We’ve made it through week 1 of the school year! It’s an excting time for sure, but also very exhausting for staff and families alike. Be sure to get plenty of sleep, and pack plenty of healthy snacks everyday because we’re just getting started with what is sure to be a very rewarding and busy school year.
Inside you will find:
- Principal’s Corner
- PTA President Letter
- Brentwood Library Notes
- Literacy Library Call for Volunteers
- Brentwood Gift Card Program
- Austin Youth Fitness Running Club with Coach Marshall
- AISD Food Services Overview
- Girl Scouts at Brentwood
- Cub Scouts Pack 49 at Brentwood
- Groundwork Music Ukulele Classes
- Camp Gladiator Special Deals
- iPianoLab afterschool Keyboard club
- MacTheater presents: Starmites!
Staff Appreciation is Monday, May 7th through Friday May 11th. Our theme
is Brentwood Teachors and Staff are Out of This Worldl We have many wonderful things planned for the staff at Brentwood, but we need your help! Each class should coordinate details around what to do to specifically honor your teacher and/or other staff. As a guide, we ask you share with your parents the following events so that all have the opportunity to participate and contribute in some way:
Monday: Bring favorite beverage for your teacher. The staff will also have a a Teacher Luncheon provided by the PTA. Parants don’t need to bring anything for this luncheon as lunch will be catered and paid for by the PTA.
Tuesday: Bring a potted plant or your teacher’s favorite flower; there will be a school wide Snack Station; to sign up for snacks register via this
Wednesday: Bring a nice note for your teacher, or a favorite treat. The school will provide breakfast for all of the staff.
Thursday: Bring something that your teacher enjoys from their preference list.
Friday: Class Present (as Home room parent, please add to the details with your class about if you are going to do something collectively for Teacher Appreciation Week).
Thank you for helping to make this an amazing Staff Appreciation Week! With your contributions, we are excited to honor our Staff and treat them well! ln addition to the above activities, with the support of PTA, we are able to raffle over 45 items in giveaways from local retailers to the Staff! The Raffle will take place throughout the week!
Melanie, Ashley and Kym (Staff Appreciation Parent Coordinators)
April 8, 2018 Edition
Hi, Brentwood Community! The Bark is full of great information this week, so take note of all the happenings that will help you coast into the end of the school year and be well-prepared for 2018-19.
The life skill for this week is Integrity! Integrity is to do what is right; to act according to what is right and wrong.
For more details, check the events calendar.
- April 9-13: Library Appreciation Week
- April 10-11: 4th & 5th Grade STAAR Testing
- April 12: Kinder Texas Program – 6:00 pm
- April 14: Brentwood Rocks
- April 16: Happy Hour at Jack Allen’s Kitchen Anderson
- April 20: Talent Show
- April 26: PTA General Meeting — board elections and a presentation on money matters from Moolah U., for parents AND kids!
News and Updates
- April/May 2018 Principal’s Note
- Class Placements
- Latest Wednesday Folder
- Pledge to Stick Together Against Bullying
- Brentwood’s 11th Annual Earth Day Celebration (Earth Week)
- School Supply Program Help Needed!
- Kindergarten Dual Language Orientation
- Sign up for the Bilingual Parent Leadership Conference
- STAAR Information
- Register for the 2018-2019 School Year Online
- 10th Annual Brentwood Rocks
- Lost & Found
- Film Kids Summer Camp
- Violet Crown Festival 2018