If your child arrives after 7:45 a.m., they need to go to the office and get an arrival pass.
Many Brentwood students go to on-site or off-site aftercare. If this is the case, make sure your teacher knows where your child should go.
Someone else picking up your kid? Make sure to write a note to your teacher, especially if that person is not listed as authorized to pick up your child on the registration form. People picking up children should be asked to show I.D.
What if I’m running late and can’t get to school by 3?
Call the office at (512) 414-2039. Children not picked up by 3:10 p.m. are taken to the office.
How do I find out if my child can ride a bus?
Ask at the office or contact AISD.
How does my child get to a school bus, Extend-a-Care or a club after school?
Teachers are supposed to know where every child goes after school, and one of them will take your child to the right place.
What options do we have for after-school?
Learn about afterschool care options available at Brentwood.
There are several afterschool clubs, which change year to year. Check with the office or look for fliers to find out what’s available.
Family & community members can help us keep our campuses safe. To keep our kids safe, ALL Visitors and Volunteers must sign in at every visit. Be prepared to provide proper identification, and wear a badge while on campus.
In addition to signing in, volunteers will need register with Austin Partners In Education to undergo a background check.
Things you SHOULD do:
- DO wear your Visitor ID when on campus
- DO report any suspicious activity you see on campus
- DO report anyone you see on campus without an AISD or visitor badge
- DO talk to your children about personal safety and security
Things you SHOULD NOT do:
- DO NOT allow other visitors to piggyback into the campus buildings
- DO NOT encourage or ask students to open doors. Students and parents can ONLY enter the building through the front door on Arroyo Seco or the door in the 200 wing in the back of the school. Do not try to enter through the 100 or 300 wing doors.
- DO NOT prop open doors behind you.
Tips for Walkers
• Always follow a planned, direct route to school or home.
• Walk on sidewalks.
• Cross streets at corners only, after looking all ways for cars.
• Do not talk to strangers or accept rides from strangers.
• If a Safety Patrol student is at a crossing, wait until he or she tells you to come across.
Tips for Bike Riders
• Always wear a helmet.
• Always follow a planned, direct route.
• Obey all traffic signs as well as the directions of crossing guards.
• Use both hands to steer. Put all your things in a backpack so your hands are free.
• Always make eye contact with drivers when crossing traffic.
• Bicycles must be walked while on campus.
• Bicycles must be parked and locked each day in the school bicycle racks. Racks are located on the south side of the building near Arroyo Seco and in the back parking lot on Yates Street.
Tips for Riding the Bus
• Stay in your seat.
• Keep your head, hands and feet inside the bus.
• Don’t throw anything inside the bus or out the window.
• Don’t eat or drink on the bus.
• Keep the bus clean.
• Be courteous.
• Cooperate with the bus driver.