Welcome Brentwood Families to the 2016-2017 school year! We are glad you are a part of our Brentwood School community. Below is some helpful information for a smooth start to the school year.
- The instructional day is 7:45 a.m. – 2:57 p.m. for students in Kinder-5 th grades.
- The instructional day for Pre-K students is 7:45 a.m. – 2:12 p.m.
- Students must be inside their classrooms by 7:45 a.m. to avoid being tardy.
- The school opens and 7:05 a.m. and staff is on hand to supervise students.
- The school office is available to assist you from 7:15 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. each day.
Arrival & Dismissal
- All car riders are dropped off and picked up in the back of the school, along the circle driveway on Yates Avenue.
- All bus riders and day care vans will drop off and pick up in the front of the school on Arroyo Seco.
- We cannot allow car riders to be dropped off along the front of the school on Arroyo Seco, where the buses drop off. It creates a dangerous situation with cars blocking the bus lane and students trying to walk between the traffic.
- Please remember that dogs are not permitted on school property during school hours, including arrival and dismissal times.
- Students in Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, 1 st grade, 2 nd grade will be supervised in the gym until their teacher picks up the class at 7:35 a.m.
- Students in 3 rd , 4 th & 5 th grades will be supervised in the café until their teacher picks up the class at 7:35 a.m.
- On the first day of school parents are welcome to walk their child to their classroom. Beginning the second day of school, parents are encouraged to let students wait in the gym or cafeteria with their class as a way to build community.
More Details about Dismissal
- Pre-Kinder students are dismissed outside in the back of the school by the circle drive at 2:12 pm. Parents can drive through to pick up their child.
- Kinder students are dismissed from their classroom back doors. Parents park on neighborhood streets (please avoid Yates Dr.) and walk to the back of their child’s classroom door to pick up students.
- First-5 th grade students are dismissed from the covered blacktop on the circle drive. Parents are asked to either park on neighborhood streets (please avoid Yates Dr.) or drive through the circle drive (please remain in your car to expedite traffic).
- Students attending after school care, after school classes, or riding a bus will be dismissed by support staff.
- Breakfast and lunch are served each day. All children are welcome to eat breakfast in the cafeteria between 7:05 a.m. – 7:35a.m. Students have a 30-minute lunch at the same time each day. Please see your child’s teacher for their lunch time.
- Parents are welcome to visit their child during lunch time. All campus visitors must sign in at the main office with their driver’s license or other state-issued ID to receive a visitor’s badge which must be worn at all times while on campus.
Thank you for your support! We are looking forward to a great year together!